Tuesday, July 8, 2008

When in doubt buy it...

I have a shopping philosophy, well many - but this is a big one. If you are hemming and hawing over whether or not to buy something, the rule of thumb is buy it. You can always return it if you don't want it. I exercise these philosophies regularly. In fact I got to exercise a bit this past week when I returned my vanity size 4 shorts to Ruehl. I decided to return them despite the mind-pleasing fact that I can wear size 4's again. But after a rather 'revealing' incident this past weekend, I've decided that butt-cleavage is entirely undesirable. Blegh, must erase image from brain.

So I go into Ruehl, head back to the cash wrap and return the shorts. Here's the convo:
Ruehl guy: Is there a reason you are returning these shorts?
Me: Yes, I'm too old to be rocking butt-cleavage.
Ruehl guy: I don't see anyone who is too old in here.
Me: Touche.

I share this conversation with you because it was a painless and pleasant experience. No hassles about why I didn't want to show my butt-cleavage. No eye-rolls or rudeness. Just as easily as you bought the shorts, you can return them. This is Austin, TX. If you live in Salt Lake City, please be advised that if you choose to return something...be prepared to get the third degree. The salesperson will be personally affronted and want to slap on a rubber glove to inspect you thoroughly before you get your $29.99 back. This Utahism is wack fo' shure. So gird up your loins and prepare your yotch shield when returning in Utah. But the philosophy will still prove fruitful in the end. No pun intended.

No comments: