Thursday, July 10, 2008

Get your Spanx on!

Alert, alert...it is Nordstrom Anniversary Sale time. And for those of you who aren't priveleged to be, ahem, Pre-Select worthy (aka, you spend too much money at Nordies)...you can get your pre-order on. Oh and for those who can't keep the sales straight...this is the one where Nordstrom's raises the prices after the sale, and then drop them back down quickly thereafter. But honestly all the good stuff gets gone early on.

OK, enough of that. down to the goodies. I mean the junx, the bra-fat, the muffin-top. We want to hide it. Well, I have never tried Spanx. Can you believe it?! This product junky has never tried 'em. Well, now they are on sale at the Anniversary sale at Nordstrom and you can get your junk in check at a discount. For those of you who don't know, Spanx are a modern day corset/body slimmer. Check it. On a side note, this thought of hiding, covering...equivocates to deception per some BYU friends (who were obviously guys). They assert that these products (like miracle bra, like spanx) are 'false advertising', pre-matrimonially (or pre-matress-monially) speaking of course. That on the wedding night, they found that certain goods either decreased or increased because of great products like spanx. So true, funny.

Back to the Nordies sale, I just did my pre-order today with my lovely friend Renata in Salt Lake. On my list of pre-orders?

1. Grey Crocheted/3 button Uggs for $99 (sooo cute, do I need these in Austin?!)
2. Shu Uemura eyelash kit for $40 (best eyelash curlers in the biz)
3. Random BP sweater for $30 (do I need this in Austin?!)
4. Spanx (2 different ones) for about $30 each (Spanx me twice baby)

I also heard from Renata that the stores have more than the catalog shows. So head to your local Nordies and ask for a peek at the Anniversary sale catalog. You can try stuff on and buy it before you can buy it. The sale starts the 18th and you can start picking pre-sale orders on July 15th...so hurry in! Shop on sisters.

2 comments:

mruchti said...

That is too funny. I had a friend that called that kind of trickery or even dieting "pulling the big Houdini" as in now you see it, now you don't...and now you see it again (after the wedding).

Topsy said...

Okay, so if I wear these babies to church and everyone compliments me on my skinnies. Then do I have to admit that I've been porking on donuts and sucking it in with 1200 lbs of lycra, or can I deceive my fellow man with the illusion that I'm getting hotter by the second! BTW if my but looks smaller this Sunday, just don't ask!