Sunday, February 8, 2009

On the black list...

Have you ever behaved badly at a store, restaurant (heaven forbid the floor spice), or salon that has marked you with a big fat 'A' (arschold)? Do the employees cringe at the sight of you? Do you feel a burning about the ears? If so, I feel for you...because I. have been there, done that. I used to be horrible to retail servants. I now realize the error in my ways, for my husband awakened in me an awareness...these people, these retail servants, they do not have a Masters degree - so cut them some slack. That said, it is not entirely undeserved in some cases. I'm not talking about the lady who can't add 1 + 1, or the man who thinks 50% and 20% equals 70% off. No, I'm talking bout the holier than thou retail goons who are personally affronted by your attempt to return something, complain or heaven forbid, have a question about something related to their area of "expertise*."
(*expertise used loosely in this context)
.

I have been a very well behaved consumer for quite some time now, not raising my voice or questioning the retailier's authority....even at times, acting stupid just to make them feel good. But yesterday at a well known retail store (rhymes with 'banana republic'), I took three relatively long receipts (aka, I spent a boatload) to get a price adjustment. Yes, I GET to have a price adjustment if within 14 days of purchase, check check. The MANager is soo agahst that I am receiving almost $100 in adjustments. He becomes instantly aloof, HELLO, I'm not trying to get your number or anything. When he finishes, he forgets to thank me...so I thank him for being so sassy. How'd ya like them apples?! So now, I'm pretty sure I'm on the blacklist. But you know what, some times it just feels good to slam an arschold.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You go girl! Would've been fun to see that one.